From the American Staffing Association
· ASA Economic Analysis, The ASA annual economic analysis, which provides an overview of the size, scope, and dynamics of the staffing industry, is intended as a general reference for staffing firms, staffing clients, industry analysts, journalists, and policy makers.
· Staffing Index - Updated Weekly, The ASA Staffing Index estimates weekly changes in the number of people employed in temporary and contract work. ASA developed the index to provide a current measure of staffing industry employment trends.
· Staffing Industry News Releases, The Spherion Employment Report provides a snapshot of the latest work force trends across the country. The national survey focuses on measuring three key indices: the Spherion Job Security Index, which captures how likely respondents think it is that they will lose their job or that their job will be eliminated in the next 12 months; the Spherion Job Transition Index, which records how likely respondents are to look for a new job in the next 12 months; and the Spherion Employee Confidence Index, which measures employees' overall confidence in the economy, their employer, and their ability to find other employment.
From the Federal Government
· Federal Reserve System, The Federal Reserve System, often referred to as the Federal Reserve or simply “the Fed,” is the central bank of the
· Bureau of Labor Statistics ,BLS is the principal fact-finding agency for the federal government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics.
· Bureau of Economic Analysis, The BEA produces economic accounts statistics that enable government and business decision-makers, researchers, and the American public to follow and understand the performance of the nation’s economy.
· Census Bureau, The Census Bureau serves as the leading source of data about the nation’s people and economy.
· Department of Commerce ,The Department of Commerce’s mission is to create the conditions for economic growth and opportunity by promoting innovation, entrepreneurship, competitiveness, and stewardship.
· Department of Labor, The Department of Labor fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the
· Economic Report of the President, The Economic Report of the President is an annual report written by the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors. The report provides an overview of the nation’s economic progress using text and extensive data appendices.
· Small Business Administration, The mission of the SBA is to maintain and strengthen the nation’s economy by aiding, counseling, assisting, and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from national disasters.
From the New York City/Sate Governments
New York State: http://www.state.ny.us
New York City : http://www.nyc.gov
Relevant Industry Partner/Member Reports
· Monster Monthly Employment Index, The Monster Employment Index offers a monthly analysis of online job recruitment. The Monster Employment Index Quarterly Report offers insight on key employment trends in the marketplace by providing context and perspective on Monster Worldwide's Index data.
Recruiters Connection: An online website that lists and searches through the National Directory of Recruiting Firms to help you find the company you are seeking, broken down by the areas that they staff. RC also offers tools that are helpful for recruiters, job seekers and employers.